Haproxy smtp imap

I begin by saying thank you for your tutorials
I made a mail server with your explanation with iredmail on ubuntu and it works at
perfection I have been using it at home for two years I have an ADSL with public ip and therefore everything is ok

then I have another line where I wanted to do a second mail server and where i don’t have public ip so i wanted to do haproxy imap smtp

now I wanted to do haproxy SMTP IMAP and for 15 days I have been trying without success

or better if I use Roundcube it goes both sending and receiving mail to Gmail and other mclinks etc …

but when I try to use thunderbird error cannot contact SMTP server

or saw the log in /var/log/mail.log

using roundcube he makes the connection with localhost [127.0.0.1] Anonymous TLS connection
established from localhost [127.0.0.1]: TLSv1.3 with cipher …

the mail is sent

when i use thunderbird it connects with connect from unknown [10.10.10.1]
SSL_accept error from unknown [10.10.10.1]: -1
warning: TLS library problem: error: 1408F10B: SSL routines: ssl3_get_record: wrong version number: …/ ssl / record / ssl3_reco

and does not send the email

or understood that the problem is the change from localhost 127.0.0.1 to unknown 10.10.10.1

something must be added in / etc / hosts on the hapro server side and on the mail server side

then I wanted to ask you but hostname must be the same both on the haproxy server and on the iredmail server

and finally when you say add a mx record but if one already exists I have to put two and how?

thanks again for existing

LINUX was there, there is and there will be

Okay, I admit the HAProxy configs are too complicated for most users. I have written a new tutorial on setting mail proxy server with VPN port forwarding, which is way easier than HAProxy. I highly recommend using the VPN port forwarding method.

thanks for the reply or port forwarding the vpn is to work on the first try.
your tutorials are perfect only what you should put
haproxy stmp imap debian ubuntu etc.
but you the installation where you made it.
so that we try to do it on the same distribution that you did then if we want it on another we will try it
i have tried both with ubuntu 18.04 and 20.04 and on debian
but the problem in my opinion is that it failed with resolv
to solve .
so with roundcube everything both sending and receiving worked
but with thunderbird it didn’t always go with authentication problem sal