Trying to set up a backup email server and am a bit confused…here’s some background:
Setup: SERVER A is a mail server using iredmail and serves 4 domains:
- MainDomain.com - main domain for iredmail (not sure what the official name for this account is but it’s the one I used to set up the server initially)
- Domain1.com - add-on domain
- Domain2.com - add-on domain
- Domain3.com - add-on domain
I have another server, SERVER B, that hosts the websites for the domains listed above using CyberPanel.
Here’s my goal: To set up a back-up email server on SERVER B.
I already have Postfix running on SERVER B (I think it was set up when CyberPanel was installed)
I read through the excellent tutorial by Linuxbabe but given that I have multiple domains am confused on how to set up the mx records and edit the main.cf file.
- Do I set all the mx records for each domain to point to mx2.MainDomain.com and then it will deliver to the subdomains? Or… do I set each DNS mx record to go to its respective mx2 domain (ie. mx2.Domain1.com)?
- How do I configure the main.cf file for myhostname and mydestination?
- I have an entry in the main.cf file for relay host = mail.MainDomain.com:587…do I need to change that?
Thanks for taking the time to read this long-winded email…thanks in advance for your assistance!